Saturday, March 5, 2011

Alas, I am Blogging

I have considered blogging for months now.. I thought about focusing on a single topic, like food or fitness, but those are only a few of the many things I enjoy.  In actuality, I am really just starting to figure out the things that I am passionate about.  Traveling is, and has always been, a passion of mine.  I love seeing new places and just exploring, which is why the start of this blog comes at the perfect time.


Tomorrow, my buddy Dan and I are heading west. First stop, Las Vegas. Over the 9 days that follow we will be driving 1600 miles, spending 2 nights in Salt Lake City, 1 night in San Francisco, 3 nights in Santa Barbara, and 2 more back in Vegas; it's the ultimate road trip.  The trip was originally planned around my spur-of-the-moment idea of visiting potential graduate school programs, specifically U of Utah and UC Santa Barbara.  Until today, I was more nervous/anxious about meeting with professors and potential advisers than I was excited about the actual trip.  That all changed with the reception of my first acceptance letter today from the U of Utah.  The joy and relief that ran over me when I read that email is indescribable.  I will, no doubt, be able to enjoy myself much more on the trip knowing that I've been accepted to one of my top 2 programs. I still refuse to slack on my preparation for these interviews.. grad school is not cheap.  All that I've done these last 5 years aside, I've still got to earn this spot.  And I will.

But I digress.. Vegas baby, Vegas!!

1 comment:

  1. KOREY, IT'S APRIL 22ND, 2012....LONG PAST THE TIME YOU MADE THIS BLOG...BUT NANA DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO COMMENT BEFORE. BUT I AM NOW TELLING YOU, THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME TRAVEL WITH YOU AND DAN OUT WEST. I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG. I LOVE YOU KOREY, YOU ARE A GREAT G.SON. LOVE,NANA

    ReplyDelete